Go to the U of M home page.

Home > Current Students > Rules, Policies & Requirements > Policies and Procedures

Policies and Procedures

Below is a list of all the topics on which you can find information on policies and procedures. The Policies and Procedures page is in the process of being updated. For questions about information not contained below, contact the Dean of Students Office at lawdos@umn.edu.

Name Change

There are two steps you must take to change your name for student records. First, submit a Name Change Request Form available on-line at: http://onestop.umn.edu/onestop/img/assets/9061/chgname.pdf with a copy of your new Social Security Card or passport/visa to the address noted on the form. Second, you must provide a copy of the name change form to the Law School Registrar. A copy of the name change form can be submitted at the Information Desk.