Corporate Institute Names Board of Advisors
OCTOBER 4, 2012—The University of Minnesota Law School's Corporate Institute has named its inaugural Board of Advisors to provide guidance toward the Institute's future vision and goals. The Board will suggest initiatives and strategies, offer feedback, and help develop resources to advance the Institute's projects.
The members of the 2012 Board of Advisors are:
James L. Chosy (’89), general counsel with Piper Jaffray
- Alfred W. Coleman (’04), partner with Gray Plant Mooty
- Christopher Kopka (’98), vice president and chief compliance officer with Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
- David McMillan (’87), senior vice president of external affairs with ALLETE Inc. and University of Minnesota Regent
- Lee R. Mitau (’72), executive vice president and general counsel with USBancorp Inc.
- Amy Seidel (’98), partner with Faegre Baker Daniels
- Dan Solomon (’85), managing director with Builder LLC
- Arne Sorenson (’83), chief executive officer with Marriot International
- Lowell Stortz, president, Leonard Street & Deinard
- Judge John R. Tunheim (’80), U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Heidi Wilson (’76), vice president, general counsel, and secretary with Tennant Co.
"The proven experience and insight of each Board member is just what we need to lead to decisions on how we break new ground benefiting our students, the business community, and the Law School," says the Corporate Institute's Executive Director David Fisher.