Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Minnesota Law School IS COMMITTED to fostering a legal education and a legal community that reflect the diverse and varied perspectives of the broader society. We promote diversity among our faculty and student body, and throughout the academic and extracurricular experience. We believe diversity in viewpoint, experience, and background ensures the best possible service to clients of all cultures and ideologies; increases access to the courts and government; and enhances justice.
The Law School’s commitment to diversity is reinforced in the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Policy on Equity, Diversity, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action, under which the Law School shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Law School Resources & Highlights
- Numerous scholarship and fellowship opportunities are available for Minnesota Law students.
- The Law School hosts numerous diversity career fairs, typically in the summer and fall.
- Numerous student-led organizations and numerous professional organizations offer networking, service and learning opportunities.
- The Law School’s summer Minnesota Pre-Law Scholars Program helps under-served and diverse students prepare for the law school admissions process and the LSAT exams.
- More diversity, equity and inclusion events and resources are available here.
2018-2019 Law School Diversity Committee Members
To contact the Diversity Committee, email email@example.com, or any of the committee members below.
|Name||Email Address||Law School Role|
|Holm Belsheimfirstname.lastname@example.org||Student 2L|
|Marielos Cabreraemail@example.com||Student 1L|
|Eduardo Castrofirstname.lastname@example.org||Student 2L|
|Fatjon Kajaemail@example.com||Student 3L|
|Gabrielle Olivieri Sliwkafirstname.lastname@example.org||Alumni|
|Navin Ramalingamemail@example.com||Student 1L|
|Jihyeon “Emma” Songfirstname.lastname@example.org||Student 3L|
|Catherine Ulrichemail@example.com||Student 1L|