Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Minnesota Law School IS COMMITTED to fostering a legal education and a legal community that reflect the diverse and varied perspectives of the broader society. We promote diversity among our faculty and student body, and throughout the academic and extracurricular experience. We believe diversity in viewpoint, experience, and background ensures the best possible service to clients of all cultures and ideologies; increases access to the courts and government; and enhances justice.
The Law School’s commitment to diversity is reinforced in the University of Minnesota Board of Regents Policy on Equity, Diversity, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action, under which the Law School shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Law School Resources & Highlights
- Numerous scholarship and fellowship opportunities are available for Minnesota Law students.
- The Law School hosts numerous diversity career fairs, typically in the summer and fall.
- Numerous student-led organizations and numerous professional organizations offer networking, service and learning opportunities.
- The Law School’s summer Minnesota Pre-Law Scholars Program helps under-served and diverse students prepare for the law school admissions process and the LSAT exams.
- More diversity, equity and inclusion events and resources are available here.