Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
The University of Minnesota Law School is committed to fostering a legal system and a legal community that reflect the diversity of the broader society and embrace its varied perspectives. In addition to promoting diversity among its faculty and student body, the Law School strives to nurture a thoughtful and thought-provoking academic and extracurricular experience.
By incorporating casework that addresses cultural, socioeconomic and other diversity issues, and by offering opportunities for open dialogue among the legal community, the Law School celebrates diversity and its important role in the legal structure and society. Diversity in viewpoint, experience, and background ensures the best possible service to clients of all cultures and ideologies; increases access to the courts and government; and enhances justice.
Law School Resources & Highlights
- Numerous scholarship and fellowship opportunities are available for Minnesota Law students.
- The Law School hosts numerous diversity career fairs, typically in the summer and fall.
- Numerous student-led organizations and numerous professional organizations offer networking, service and learning opportunities.
- The Law School’s summer Minnesota Pre-Law Scholars Program helps under-served and diverse students prepare for the law school admissions process and the LSAT exams.
- More diversity, equity and inclusion events and resources are available here.
2016-2017 Law School Diversity Committee Members
To contact the Diversity Committee, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or any of the committee members below.
|Name||Law School Role/Position||Email Address|
|Erin Keyes, Chair||Assistant Dean of Studentsemail@example.com|
|June Carbone, Ex Officio member||Associate Deanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nubia Esparza||Coordinator, Student Programs & Diversity Initiativesemail@example.com|
|Sue Bartolutti||Director, Human Resourcesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Robin Ingli||Interim Director of Admissionsemail@example.com|
|Joanna Accola||Admissions Counselorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Minhquang Trang||3L Studentemail@example.com|
|Gabrielle Olivieri Sliwka||1L Studentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Nadia Anguiano-Wehde||2L Studentemail@example.com|
|Simona Suen||Employer Relations Associatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Roshan Rajkumar (‘00)||Alumni member||Roshan.Rajkumar1019@gmail.com|