Seminar: European Legal Systems – 6635
A Candidate who has successfully completed the subject should:
- Understand the sources and methods of the civil law, particularly in comparison to the Common law, in the context of European integration
- Understand the purpose and methodology of the harmonization of the laws of Europe and its impact on the civil law/common law distinction
- Have an understanding of the legal and judicial structures in continental Europe
- Understand the differing approaches of the common and civil law to constitutional law, Civil and criminal procedure, torts and contracts
- Have gained experience in the use of civilian sources of law.