15 Alumni Recognized as Attorneys of the Year; Senior Judge Ericksen ’81 Honored for Service
Fifteen Minnesota Law alumni are among the members of the state bar singled out for recognition as “Attorneys of the Year” for 2019 by Minnesota Lawyer. In addition, Senior U.S. District Court Judge Joan N. Ericksen ’81 of the District of Minnesota was honored for her lifetime service with an Outstanding Service to the Profession award.
For the past two decades, the legal publication has honored top attorneys throughout Minnesota for their notable achievements and leadership in the profession. Award recipients are profiled in the publication, receive a trophy, and are feted at a dinner event in February.
Some attorneys are honored for individual accomplishments, while others are recognized for their work as part of a team. Minnesota Law alumni named as 2019 Attorneys of the Year are:
Aida Al-Kadi v. Ramsey County et al.
- Caitlinrose Fisher ’15, Greene Espel
- David Wallace-Jackson ’98, Greene Espel
- Brittany Resch ’15, Gustafson Gluek
Bair Hugger Team
- Mary S. Young ’02, Blackwell Burke
- Corey L. Gordon ’80, Blackwell Burke
- Vinita Banthia ’16, Blackwell Burke
- Amarachi Ihejirika ’16, Blackwell Burke
Leonard Pozner/Sandy Hook Defamation Case
- Jake Zimmerman ’03, Zimmerman Law Firm
Lor Ler Kaw, Lor Ler Hok Koh, Mary Jane Summerville and George Thawmoo v. ISD #625
- Anu Sreekantha ’12, Fredrikson & Byron
Minnesota Prisoner Hepatitis C Litigation
- Michael V. Ciresi ’71, Ciresi Conlin
- Peter J. Nickitas ’90, Peter J. Nickitas Law Office
- Teresa Lavoie ’02, Fish & Richardson
- Stephen Safranski ’97, Robins Kaplan
- Stacey Slaughter ’99, Robins Kaplan
- Amy Sweasy ’95, Hennepin County Attorney’s Office