The exceptional faculty at the University of Minnesota Law School bring real-world experience, practice, and leading research into the classroom. Passionate about their vocation and committed to integrating theory and practice in their teaching, they are demanding but eager to mentor and readily available to help students succeed along their chosen paths.
Student to Faculty Ratio
Experts in Their Field
Recent examples of our faculty’s expert testimony before Congress and state legislatures:
- Consumer protection, Professor Prentiss Cox ’90
- Video Privacy Protection Act, Professor William McGeveran
- First-tier suburbs, Professor Myron Orfield Jr.
- Dodd-Frank oversight and government reform, Professor Richard Painter
- Insurance reform and Consumer Protection Act, Professor Daniel Schwarcz
- Bioethics and genomics, Professor Susan Wolf
- Juvenile homicide sentencing guidelines, Professor Perry Moriearty