Fall 2013 Registration
Open Enrollment (begins April 23, 2013)
After the lottery has run and bids have been awarded, you will have the opportunity to add, drop, or join the waitlist of courses through the One Stop Class Schedule. The open enrollment period begins at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, April 23, and courses are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
As Fall semester approaches, be aware of refund and drop/add deadlines.
Summer 2013 Registration
Summer registration is conducted via open enrollment through the University's One Stop website. Registration opens at 8:00 AM CDT on Thursday, April 11, 2013, and courses are offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Preparing for Registration
- CHECK FOR HOLDS. If you have a hold on your record, you will not be able to access the registration system for summer (or the lottery system for fall registration). To check, go to http://onestop.umn.edu, click on “Holds” on the Quick Links menu, and log in using your University x.500 username and password. If you have a hold, follow instructions on One Stop to have it cleared.
- PLAN your desired Summer schedule, but recognize that available seats are limited and courses may fill quickly.
How To Register
- Beginning at 8:00 AM CDT on April 11, 2013, go to http://onestop.umn.edu and click on Class Schedule (near the top of the Quick Links menu).
- From the drop-down menus, select Term = Summer 2013, and Department = Law.
- Log in when prompted, using your x.500 username and password.
- Click the “Add Now” button at the left of a course to initiate registration in the course.
- Follow the prompts.
- If a desired course is full, click the prompt to add your name to the waitlist.
- Repeat process to add additional courses.
Class & Exam Schedules
Full class and exam schedules are available here. Each schedule is accurate as of the date on the page. For the most up-to-the-minute information, go to the One Stop Class Schedule.
Structured Study Group (SSG) Program
Roster and Schedule for your Structured Study Group sessions, including:
1L Section Google Calendars
Keep track of courses, SSG sessions, lectures, and other events for your section.
To add a 1L section calendar to your personal Google calendar:
- Click an "add" link above;
- Copy the URL from the browser address window on the subscription page;
- Go to your Google calendar and under "Other Calendars" select "Add By URL";
- Paste the URL into the "Add" field and click "Add Calendar".
Please note that these calendars are intended only as a reference for you, and may not reflect last-minute changes in rooms, course schedules, or professor-initiated alterations. Consult your syllabus or direct communication from your course instructor for the most up-to-date information.
For questions regarding Financial Aid, contact Jim Parker, Financial Aid Counselor for the Law School, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-626-0750. For questions about Law School scholarships, contact Dan Cheng, Assistant Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or 612-625-3487.
Parking and Transit
Visit the Parking & Transportation Services website for information on student contract parking and other campus transit options, including the UPass transit pass.
For information on metro bus and light rail routes and the "Green Line" Central Corridor light rail construction, visit Metro Transit or the Metropolitan Council.
For information on contract parking availability at the Seven Corners Parking Ramp opposite Mondale Hall, visit www.parksmartmpls.com.
U Card Access to Mondale Hall and the Law Library
Your student ID card (U Card) grants you 24-hour access to Mondale Hall, the Law Library, and the building's printing stations. Access to these resources is typically granted during orientation, but may vary depending on when you were issued your U Card.
If you experience access issues with your U Card or don't get your U Card until after orientation, visit the Information Desk (outside room 285).
If your U Card is damaged, lost or stolen, visit the U Card Office (room G22, Coffman Memorial Union, East Bank).
Note that when trying to access Mondale Hall outside of building hours, you may need to swipe your card through the card reader a few times before getting a "green light".
Also, at no time will your U Card give you access to the Library doors on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th floors. The only student entrance and exit to the Library is on the first floor plaza.
You may rent a Mondale Hall locker during orientation. Lockers are $10 (payable with cash or check) and are yours to use until July 31, 2013. After orientation, lockers may be rented from the Information Desk.
Law Technology Office (Law Library, room 260)
The Law Technology Office, aka The Laptop Center, is located in Room 260 of the Law Library. You must enter the Law Library on the first floor and then go to the second floor within the Law Library to get to room 260.