Riesenfeld Rare Books Research Center - Policies
We ask researchers coming to use the collections to follow several procedures:
- Backpacks, bags and purses must be stored in the lockers outside the reading room.
- Notebooks, computers and personal electronic devices are allowed, including cameras and photography. Staff may assist with arranging material for research and photography.
- No food or drink is allowed.
- Pencils are permitted, but no ink pens or markers.
- First-time researchers will need to fill out a registration card.
Care is required when handling rare items, and staff will assist patrons in setting up requested material. In some cases, items that are too fragile and available elsewhere may be withheld from use.
We have a limited ability to scan and produce digitized documents and images from our collections, but can often accommodate specific page or section requests. Please contact Ryan Greenwood (firstname.lastname@example.org; 612-625-7323) for specific reproduction requests, and permissions to reproduce photographs in published form.