Summer Session 2021
June 1 — August 5
Registration Opens February 25 at 8:00am
Tuesday, June 1, 2021 - First Day of Law School Summer Session
Monday, July 5, 2021 - University Closed, No Classes
Tuesday, August 5, 2021 - Last Day of Law School Summer Session
Access the registration system on MyU for Law 7628 Judicial Field Placement. For all other field placements and independent research opportunities, follow the links provided below for registration information. An application must be submitted after consultation with the faculty supervisor.
Non-UMN law students are not eligible to enroll for Summer 2021.
Registration for non-Law students is limited to LAW 5908 Independent Research and Writing.
Summer Course Offerings as of 2/1/21
Any updates will be noted on this webpage.
Maximum course load: eight (8) credits
- Law 7624* Corporate Externship Field Placement
- Law 7622* Human Rights Law Field Placement
- Law 7621* Immigration Law Field Placement
- Law 7628* Judicial Field Placement
- Law 7629*/5629* Patent Field Placement
- Law 7607*/7609* Independent Field Placement
- Law 7606*/7608*/5908** Independent Research and Writing