The Corporate Institute combines the strengths of an internationally recognized business law faculty and a vibrant Twin Cities business community that is home to 16 Fortune 500 companies and dozens of Fortune 1000s.
Programming at the Corporate Institute prepares students for successful business careers and leadership positions and pairs world-class professionals with law students to leverage experience, learning and creativity. Students can work with start-up companies and entrepreneurs through the Business Law Clinic or hear from alumni who hold top positions at leading companies around the world. They can pursue combined degrees or earn a career-advancing concentration.
Highlights of the Corporate Institute
- Business Law Clinic, giving students opportunities to represent business clients in a non-litigation context
- Corporate Externship Program, offering options to earn credits while experiencing the world of business
- Corporate Fellowship Program, pairing recent graduates with corporations in full-time career building legal employment opportunities
- JD/MBA Degree Program, offering law students opportunity to earn a dual degree with the Carlson School of Management
- Perspectives in Taxation, bringing speakers to campus for discussions on issues related to tax
- Career Pathways, a speaker series for students featuring professionals who have a J.D. but who have pursued different career paths than a traditional legal practice
- Taking Care of Business, a speaker series for students featuring alumni and other luminaries in the business world
Affiliated with the Corporate Institute
Corporate Institute Practice Scholars
The Small Business Administration hosts this series of virtual events. At each session, two Minnesota Law students prepare and present on a relevant topic to an audience of small business owners. Minnesota Law faculty, clinical faculty, and practicing alumni guide and support the Practice Scholars before and during the event. Want to learn more? Contact Emily Buchholz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Event Videos
Wednesday, June 17, 9 - 10 am: Insurance for Small Businesses
- Ian Sadler, Corporate Institute Practice Scholar
- Sam Logterman, Corporate Institute Practice Scholar
- Daniel Schwarcz, Fredrickson & Byron Professor of Law
- Peter Doley, Insurance Law Clinic Adjunct Professor, Maslon LLP
- Emily Buchholz, Corporate Institute Executive Director & Lecturer-in-Law (email@example.com)