The New Business Scholarship: New and Recent Books on Business and Business Law
This all-day conference will focus on 5 recent, new, and forthcoming books on business, with commentators discussing their own work as it relates to the books, and the authors responding.
Our lunch keynote speaker will be Wall Street Journal media reporter Keach Hagey, who will be talking about her book on Sumner Redstone, The King of Content: Sumner Redstone’s Battle for Viacon, CBS, and Everlasting Control of His Media Empire.
The five books, including authors, are set forth below:
- Selling Hope, Selling Risk (Oxford University Press, 2016), by Donald Langevoort
- Better Bankers, Better Banks (University of Chicago Press, 2015), by Claire Hill and Richard Painter
- Shareholder-Driven Corporate Governance (Oxford University Press, 2019), by Anita Anand
- The Rise of the Working Class Shareholder (Harvard University Press, 2018), by David H. Webber
- The Vanishing American Corporation (Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2016), by Jerry Davis
Conference Authors and Commenters:
Anita Anand, University of Toronto
Matthew Bodie, Saint Louis University School of Law
June Carbone, University of Minnesota Law School
Jerry Davis, University of Michigan Ross School of Business
Sean Griffith, Fordham University School of Law
Leo Katz, University of Pennsylvania Law School
Donald Langevoort, Georgetown Law
Brett McDonnell, University of Minnesota Law School
Joe McGrath, University College of Dublin
Saule Omarova, Cornell Law School
Richard Painter, University of Minnesota Law School
Dan Pedrotty, North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU)
Brian Quinn, Boston College Law School
Stephane Rousseau, University of Montreal
Arden Rowell, University of Illinois College of Law
The University of Minnesota Law School’s Institute for Law and Economics. Co-sponsored by Georgetown University Law Center.
Complimentary contintental breakfast and refreshments will be provided.
Panera Bread Boxed Lunches can be ordered in advance for $11.00 through the registration link above.